From: "klem klemmingberg"
Subject: Sp-202 loop pop
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 23:27:15 -0400
I was slapping a loop into my SP-202, a repeating pattern from a synth.
My problem was that regardless of how I set the length, I always got
a pop. I sampled at different levels, through a compressor, etc.,
but still got the pop. I don't know if this is a common occurrence
with the sp-202 (I've only had it a couple of weeks, & this is the first
instance of this problem.)
My suspicion is that it has to do with varying volume levels & frequency
content at the start & end points (the synth patch has rises & falls, but
is never free of a little noise.) I suspect the problem could easily
be solved by a crossfade function, which the 202 does not appear to have.
My questions are two:
1. Any one have any suggestions for disposing of the pop on the 202?
2. Are there any relatively inexpensive looping devices out there with
a crossfade feature of some sort.
thanks
T om