Re: Basic intro

I too feel fortunate to be in the company of such learned folk as "Caliban"
and Richard. Without disputing what i feel are complimentary rather than
adversarial comments on Tiresius, etc, FWIW as far as relevance, given
Peter's use of Tiresius in Cinema Show-1973, and subsequent allusion to it
in "White Shadow"1978 it is somewhere between possible and probably that's
whom he had in mind with the lyric, although i don't speak under the
auspices of anyone other than myself on this:)

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~dkelly2/73selling.html#cinemashow

http://www.progsoc.uts.edu.au/~aychiang/pg/pg2.html#5

P.s. for anyone who was ever interested in this stuff Steve Hackett's
wife/spouse has illustrated a book of genesis lyrics, she's quite good at
it
if you'd like a look at her work:

http://www.kimpoor.com/genlyric.htm

on which the very first picture includes the flight of birds.

That was kind of a loop:)