Re:Vortex EDP Sync

> On another note, a few months back there were several posts regarding
>  synching a vortex using the brother synch from an EDP. I've looked in
>the
>  archives, but just can't seem to find them. Does anyone have them handy?

You may have to work on the formatting, but here it is
-------------------
>Matthias Grob wrote:
>
>>  Make a cable with any diode in series and a 2 MF cap to
ground:

>>                   |   |
>>                   |  /|
> >              -   | / |  +
> EDP   ----------|/  |---------------------  VORTEX
>>                   |\  |        |
>>                   | \ |        |
>>                   |  \|        |    +
>>                   |   |     -------
>>                           -----------
> >                               |          -
>>                                | /
>>                                |/
>>                                /
>>                               /
>>
>>  The parts fit into an ordinary 1/4" connector.
>
>sorry Mathias
no problem:
MiliFarad is not used, and would be m, so MF is microFarad.
To fit into the connector, it take its an electrolytic. Thats why
(by
some standard) one line is longer than the other - the negative
pole,
going to ground.
Its voltage can be as low as 6,3V, but higher is ok, just makes
the
part bigger.
There are also Tantal caps of this size. I dont use them because
made the experience that they die sooner, but I may be wrong, its
an
interesting option since you may not use that cable more than 5
years
:-).

The diode is a standard like 1N4148 and on one side of its glass
housing there is a line which corresponds to the negative side,
the
line in its symbol, on the left in the drawing.