Echoplex manual discussion--how many people use several loops?

Hi Potential Repeater owners,
I am still up for discussing the manual for the Echoplex with the
interested
members of this list--although Kim and Andre covered a lot of ground with
the thread on "record"!  Here's a potential topic for discussion--how many
people use separate loops, as opposed to constructing one big loop?  I find
it tough to keep the flow going when improvising if I try to do too much.
Also, how many folks are using prepared audio in their performances--that
is, recording into the Echoplex before a performance and then playing it
back during a live thing?
Gary