Re: Basic intro (OT)

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 08:53:59 EDT, Hedewa7@aol.com wrote:

>caliban@darklock.com writes:
>>I tend to think it's more of a generation gap. Each generation of
>>technology provides simpler ways to make music. The previous generation,
>>being jealous, claims the music isn't "real".
>
>wauuuuuuuugh.....
>that set of blanket-statements is simply untrue,

Okay, now that you've said "you're wrong and you're stupid", perhaps you
could tell me exactly which set of blanket statements you have a problem
with. I tagged the whole thing as my opinion, cited examples from my own
experience, and noted that it wasn't a universal truth. To my knowledge,
the only *real* blanket statement in that post was "Everyone gets to a
point where they can't do something." -- and if you have evidence to
refute this, you should probably be calling newspapers.

Now, if you *don't* think the "it's not real music" argument stems
primarily from a combination of existing investment in prior technology
and inability or unwillingness to comprehend and adapt to new
technology, I'd like to hear your theories. They'd probably be the first
new thing I've heard on the subject in years.