Re: Basic intro (OT)

 I'm
> interested in people's positions with respect to their own music.

I'm going to answer "with respect to music":

It should communicate feelings, preferable noble or transcendent ones,
reach
down inside of you and take hold and gently lift you with surges of
restrained and unlimited power, then gracefully waft you back to your seat,
cathartically present, and at peace with god and man(and woman). I'm
mentally picturing the bass looping festival in san jose as a model for
this, but great amusement park ride like "Indiana Jones"  or seeing a
Spielberg movie or something might comprise a seriously lesser example.

More base drives can be alluded to but only as a matter of conflict which
is
then to be resolved.

A motif like the voice of a person calling out "I'm alive" from mountain
top
faint at first and almost lost in the mix until the song rises up around it
like a choir and fades like a helicopter mounted panavision camera rising
away from an arms out to the sides, swirling Julie alp-top Andrews, ...

as you gracefully return to earth like a feather coming to rest in the
place
where you started, only different.

FWIW,
glenn