Re: MIDI live looping

At 12:15 PM -0700 8/17/01, Nic Roozeboom wrote:

>Are there any people of experience with a simple MIDI "looping device"
>
>like to have a second independent "digital" looping option in a MIDI
>device connected to my guitar synth...I'd prefer it to be a box
>sitting on the floor
>Any recommendations? Thank you very much!

As I've said here before, the best thing I can suggest is to use Max
running on a Powerbook, with some generic foot controller. That way
you can have exactly the feature set and user interface you want,
with a nice big display of system status. For this level of MIDI
recording and control even an older generation Powerbook would be
adequate (read "cheap"). The most expensive component of the system
would probably be the software, but the entire thing can probably be
put together in the range of $600-1000.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com