RE: GEAR LUST and CREATIVITY

Title: RE: GEAR LUST and CREATIVITY

    this completely amazed me ... I canıt imagine someone at BB Kingıs level
winding a string onstage.  But then after thinking about it, I realized that
having a 2nd guitar would destroy the illusion of ³Lucille,² even though
there have been many of them (I think I heard 11 of them, recently).

    Mike

** it was incredible to experience.

the show was also amazing in that i had seen bb king play in l.a. a few times and it was usually a sort of vegas-like experience, so i hadn't been too keen on seeing him any more. i was playing with les mccann at that point and we were playing support for bb, so i was just there (witnessed the whole thing from stage right wings). in any event, this was for a way different crowd than i had seen bb do his thing for - - this was a 95% black audience (l.a.show audiences had been predominately white) and the whole texture and intensity of the show were way, way more intense. sort of a sanctified church thng almost. strange - - or not . . .

stig