Re: (OT) Copyright in a Sampled World...

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:45:42 -0700, "Jon" <ssrndpty@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Yes, but the public are a bunch of brain dead lemmings.

Then why are you making music to begin with? For some elite group of
people who can appreciate it? I prefer to enjoy myself. If I come up
with something great, hey, cool. If I don't, fuck it, I had fun. Usually
I come up with something that a reasonably large group of people *also*
considers fun.

>What makes a stupid
>majority's opinion better than that of a few hypothetical, pretentious
>individuals?

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. (I saw a
t-shirt that said that once. I've always wanted to go buy about a
hundred of them and recruit a bunch of random folks to wear them in
various places while I took a picture. That would be an interesting web
page.)