Re: (OT) public/bunch/brain dead/lemmings

At 9:43 AM -0700 8/18/01, Mark wrote:
>Can my wife and I join your new band David?  We're gonna be the Captain
>and
>Tenille of ambient music!  Wooo hooo!

Funnily enough, my first "professional" gig was in a pickup band in
1965, with Daryl Dragon (later to become the Captain) on lead guitar.

>It reminds me of the time Peter Gabriel told Laurie Anderson, "You
>should try and make music that's more accessible to people."  She
>came out with the Strange Angles album.  Now, I don't know how many
>of you feel about that album, but I thought it was by FAR her worst
>work.

My favorite LA phase was the early work, including such songs and
"Closed Circuit" and "Walk the Dog." The later material was too
conventional.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com