OT: giant pipes down Portola Avenue in Santa Cruz and other natural reverbs

regarding Chris Muir's remeniscences of giant
concrete pipes down Portola Ave in Santa Cruz,

I remember them very well and wanted to let anybody know that there is a
very, very cool
and new reverberant space right on the Pacific Garden Mall that I just
discovered.

It is a long hallway that is chained off in the building that now houses
the
Oneill surf and clothing shop across from the new cinemas:   you have to
walk right up to the
chain link fence and suddenly there is the most beautiful and very long
reverb present:  I have tried overtone singing,  frame drumming and flute
playing into this space.

The magic of it is that from ten feet away you dont' even hear it......when
you are right at the chain link fence it is completley mesmerizing.

Here while back, I tried to get a found sound group going on the web and
tried to get people interested in posting a list of natural and man made
timbral phenomena that
we audionauts could discover while travelling around the country.........I
didn't get much
interest at all, but I would like to propose this as an off topic thread:

WHAT KICK ASS SONIC ANOMALIES DO YOU KNOW OF IN YOUR HOMETOWN........WHAT
WIERD ASSED PIECE OF ARCHITECTURE OR SCULPTURES OR PLUMBING EXISTS TO BE
STRUCK OR BLOWN ON OR OTHERWISE PUSHED INTO RESONANCE........

..........there..........the challenge is out there (which I am sometimes,
as well  ;-)

yours,  loop.pool (aka, Rick Walker)