Re: computer question

Ok, live looping on a PC, eh ? I'd go with this configuration :
1 . Epox KL133M Socket A Motherboard w/Duron 800MHz CPU
     $119.99 from TigerDirect.com.

2 . 2 128 MB PC 133 SDRAM Chips
     $19.99 x 2 from TigerDirect.

3 . 1 Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! MP3-5.1 Sound Card
       $99.99 from TigerDirect.
Now, this might be the most expensive thing for your PC, but the sound is
pretty     good. Now if you want multi-track recording, good Midi
sequencing, then go with a Layla, or high end card, but for a start, this
is
fine.

4 . 1 Pine nVidia TnT2 M64 32 MB AGP Video Card.
     $46.99 from TigerDirect.
This is a good starter video card, with a set of decent drivers, that
don’t
conflict with   most setups.

5 . 1 Sony 8x4x32x Internal IDE CDRW
      $109.99.

6 .  1 Western Digital 40 GB ATA100 HDD with 8.9/7200 rpm/2 MB
      $129.99.

7 . 1 CG ATX-6016-G7 Mid Tower Case with 250 W PS Deep Blue on White.
     $39.99.

8 . 1 1.44 MB Floppy Disk Drive
     $17.99

9 . 1 IBM G78 17” 1280x1024 FST Monitor
     $99.61

10 . 1 IBM PS/2 2 Button Mouse
     $3.99

11 . 1 Sakar Yahoo! One Touch Keyboard
     $19.99

All components can be purchased from TigerDirect.Com. for a little over
700.00 bucks. Now if you have a keyboard, mouse monitor or any of the
peripherals, then the cost goes down. If you don’t want the CD/RW, you can
go with the regular CD ROM. But IMO, this is a good startup system, and of
course, you will need an operating system. I’d go with Windows XP Home
Edition when it comes out (I am using Windows XP Professional – I am a
beta
tester).
Then, you will have to decide which Looping app you want to use. For live
performances, I'd go with PCDj, with the Numark DMC 1 Controller. This
will
enable you to pre-record your loops, then mix them up live.