From: "Todd Pafford" <galen@erols.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 11:01 PM
Subject: Re: field recorders

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Andy Soto wrote:
> MD will sound a hell of a lot better than a casstette recorder, really, I
> use a Sony MZ-R70 MD recorder, pretty coll little blue device, mine even
> came with a USB  PC link to transfer stuff from and to the MD, go check
>it
> out, I think youŽll find it useful...

I have to agree 100% with this.  I have the same unit (a Sony
MZ-R700) and can't say enough great things about it.  I haven't
taken it out for field recording, but I do record my guitars & synths
using it all the time and I love the results.  I've been wanting to
get a decent stereo mic for it and I expect that the quality of this
item is what will make the difference between an ok field recording
and a great sounding one.  The recorder is transparent enough that
if you can get a good signal to it it should treat it right.