Re: Repeater frenzy

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:32:09 -0400, Brett Maraldo <plexus@sympatico.ca>
wrote:

>At 04:27 PM 8/22/2001, you wrote:
>>On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 15:32:28 -0400, Brett Maraldo <plexus@sympatico.ca>
>>wrote:
>>
>> >Frankly I think they should have done what any other mature equipment
>> >company does
>>
>>Like, say, Sony.
>
>exactly! you just described what electrix did with the repeater (except
>for
>the 3-year hype).

Well, if it gets them a rabidly loyal fan base, I wouldn't exactly call
them "amateurs". More like "masters"...

But from what I've heard and seen, Electrix makes the best damn hardware
you can buy. I know a great many people who are *still* jumping up and
down over the Filter Factory. There are really VERY few companies that
produce things this interesting; usually, when I buy some gear, I'm
bored with it inside of a week... a month at the outside. And when I see
people dancing around and turning backflips over something YEARS after
they got it, the only thing I can compare that to is my Strat. I love my
Strat. You can have my Strat when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers.
And I have NEVER seen a company that produces *effects* inspire that
kind of excitement.

Not that I've ever actually *used* Electrix products. I can't give it my
personal thumbs-up and say "these products kick ass", but I see the way
other musicians are bouncing around like crazy people and... well,
they've got SOMETHING over there. Maybe it's just some kind of happy
radiation that comes off their custom ICs. ;)