EMUSIC Playlist #231

[ Best viewed with a fixed spacing font. ]

EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show, airs each Thursday
at 11:04 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem, PA and 93.9 FM in
Easton, PA and Phillipsburg, NJ.

                    Show #231                    August 23, 2001.

RECAP:
On this show, I continued the month-long focus on Radio Massacre
International
(RMI), a group from the UK that embraces improvisational emusic even in the
studio.  The feature CD at midnight was the two CD set "Frozen North"
released on the Centaur label.  The first disc was featured.

Radio Massacre International
http://wdiyfm.org/emusic/playlists/2001/focus01.html#aug

PLAYLIST:

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==============================
11:04 pm
Spectral Voices         Smile of the Dew         Coalescence (Spectral
Spiral)
Spectral Voices         Celestial Tides          Coalescence (Spectral
Spiral)
Tom Heasley             Ground Zero              Where the Earth Meets the
Sky
                                                   (Hypnos)
Thom Brennan            Pond Life                Mist (SpaceForMusic.com)
Dweller at the          Automatic Writing        Ouroborus (Hypnos/Binary)
  Threshold
Seofon                  Collecting the Spirits   Zero Point (Hypnos/The
Foundry)
Wavestar                Tangent                  Zenith (Groove)

12:00 am
RMI                     Wrecks                   Frozen North (Centaur)
RMI                     What's the Point of      Frozen North (Centaur)
                          Going to Crete?
RMI                     Small Frozen North       Frozen North (Centaur)
RMI                     Rosemary's Baby          Frozen North (Centaur)
RMI                     Drown *                  Frozen North (Centaur)

1:00 am
Robert Carty            Live at the Old Church in Portland, Oregon, 7-28-01

2:00 am

 * = exerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)

NEXT SHOW:
On the next EMUSIC, I'll conclude the month-long focus on Radio Massacre
International.  The feature CD at midnight will be "Organ Harvest" on the
Centaur label.

I will play the music of Tom Heasley (tuba, loops, processing) and Jim
Cole's
Spectral Voices (harmonic singing) in support of their upcoming concert at
the
Gathering in Philadelphia.

As part of WDIY's Salute to Records, I will play some examples of what
brought
me to electronic music as well as some classic tracks from the early
masters of
space music.

The Gathering        http://wdiyfm.org/emusic/events.html

Bill        billfox@fast.net