Re: Who's Richard Pinhas?

At 1:45 PM -0500 8/25/01, Adam Levin wrote:
>On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, Tom Ritchford wrote:
>
> > It's a shame they never made live albums of
> > this, because I have somewhere a bootleg tape
> > of a concert in Germany that is completely over
> > the top, around 1977, the drummer sounds like a
> > machine shop and the guitarist a buzz saw,
> > it's unearthly.
>
>Well, you could pick up Heldon's _Un Reve..._ which has 2 live tracks,
>Pinhas' _Live, Paris 1982_ (this features a full band - not sure why
>this wasn't a Heldon release)

legal reasons, sigh?

> which is a CD 2fer with _Rhizosphere_ or
>_Schizotrope: The Life and Death of Marie Zorn_ which is a live album from
>his 1999 North American tour with SF writer Maurice Dantec. That tour was
>a mind-blower! All of these are available on Cuneiform Records.

coolness, thanks for the heads-up!  glad someone else
knows about him.  It was pretty ghastly to see him in the basement
of the Knit playing to an audience of a couple of dozen...

        /t

<http://ax.to/fortune>.........a new fortune every minute.
<http://FortNY.com>..................Forteans of New York.