purpose of "Feedback" (was RE: repeater question)

First: many thanks for the responses/ clarifications regarding
"Repeater's"
feedback capabilities.  Although it looks like I'll still need to keep my
multi looper set up (presently 2 DL4s, RDS8000, Vortex) the "Repeater"
will
fit in nicely and provide more options.  Waiting for the day when all this
stuff can go on a notebook computer....

Second: