Re: SimpleTech 128mb formatting

hutton (03:42 PM 08.29.2001) wrote:

 >You mean activate the Repeater? ........... You have not been following my
 >posts from the beginning, have you Mark? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I requested
 >assistance Mark!

Sure I've been reading Chris...

Somewhere in here you started the thread about the label being on the
wrong
side of the card that came with the machine. In that midst, you had also
mentioned in reply to someone else that nothing would happen to the card
if
it was inserted upside down, "it just won't format" is what I think you
said.

So, my question to you about having the SimpleTech card in upside down is
in relation to that.

If you did happen to get a CFC card in upside down, and then powered up
the
Repeater, that's going to apply power to pins on the card that aren't
expecting them.

No telling what could happen. I don't have pin-outs handy to check and see
if the inverse of the power pins are connected.

Mark