EMUSIC Playlist #232

[ Best viewed with a fixed spacing font. ]

EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show, airs each Thursday
at 11:04 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem, PA and 93.9 FM in
Easton, PA and Phillipsburg, NJ.

                    Show #232                    August 30, 2001.

RECAP:
On this show, I concluded the month-long focus on Radio Massacre
International
(RMI), a group from the UK that embraces improvisational emusic even in the
studio.  The feature CD at midnight was the two CD set "The God of
Electricity"
released on the Centaur label.

All but two tracks from the first hour of EMUSIC were vinyl as part of
WDIY's
week-long Salute to Records.  I also played the music of Jim Cole's
Spectral
Voices and Tom Heasley in support of their upcoming concert at the
Gathering.

RMI            http://wdiyfm.org/emusic/playlists/2001/focus01.html#aug
The Gathering   http://wdiyfm.org/emusic/events.html

PLAYLIST:

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==============================
11:04 pm
The Monkees             Daily Nightly            Pisces, Aquarius,
Capricorn
                                                   and Jones Ltd. (Colgems)
Pink Floyd              On the Run               Dark Side of the Moon
(Capitol)
Wendy Carlos            Timesteps *              Clockwork Orange
(Columbia)
Tomita                  Promenade/The Gnome      Pictures at an Exhibition
(RCA)
Louis & Bebe Barron     Love at the Swimming     Forbidden Planet (Planet
                          Hole                     Records)
Synergy                 Synergy                  Electronic Orchestrations
for
                                                   Rock Orchestra
(Passport)
Jean-Michel Jarre       Oxygene I                Oxygene (Polydor)
Tangerine Dream         The Big Sleep in Search  Stratosphear (Virgin)
                          of Hades
Kraftwerk               Autobahn *               Autobahn (Phonogram)
Giles Reaves            Wunjo                    Wunjo (MCA)
Spectral Voices         From the Birds *         Sky (Spectral Spiral)
Tom Heasley             Monterey Bay *           Where the Earth Meets the
Sky
                                                   (Hypnos)

12:00 am
RMI                     Part 1                   Frozen North (Centaur)
RMI                     Part 2                   Frozen North (Centaur)
RMI                     Part 3                   Frozen North (Centaur)
RMI                     Part 4                   Frozen North (Centaur)
RMI                     Part 5                   Frozen North (Centaur)
RMI                     Part 6                   Frozen North (Centaur)

1:00 am

 * = exerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)

NEXT SHOW:
On the next EMUSIC, I'll begin a month-long focus on Pete Namlook.  The
feature
CD at midnight will be "Possible Gardens" on the FAX label with Peter
Prochir.

I will play the music of Tom Heasley (tuba, loops, processing) and Jim
Cole's
Spectral Voices (harmonic singing) in support of their upcoming concert at
the
Gathering in Philadelphia.

Bill        billfox@fast.net
http://wdiyfm.org/schedule/s_emusic.html