EDP footpedal

I'm finally getting around to replacing a switch or two from my Echoplex
footpedal.  I'm not doing it (I barely can even spell "solder!") - I
have someone that builds custom stereo components undertaking the
project.

In addition to what Kim said below, do any of the rest of you have any
experience/suggestions?  To get at a switch in the middle, for example,
do you have to undo the whole wire from the rest of the switches, or can
you cut and splice?

Thnx, David