Re: EDP footpedal

Hi David,

> In addition to what Kim said below, do any of the rest of you have any
> experience/suggestions?  To get at a switch in the middle, for example,
> do you have to undo the whole wire from the rest of the switches, or can
> you cut and splice?

Yes, you can cut and splice.

Your friend sounds quite capable and I'm sure will do a fine job.  It's
really a piece of cake.  However, as I recall, the switches can melt
easily.
If you get the Mouser switch that is the exact replacement, you might want
to remind your friend to use a pair of needle-nose pliers (or equivalent)
as
a heat sink between the solder joint and the rest of the switch.

Also, make sure and order several extra switches.  They cost so little in
comparison to the shipping that it is a good idea.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com