Re: Using a Looper with a mixer

on 9/4/01 6:01 PM, Richard Zvonar at zvonar@zvonar.com wrote:

> One thing I like to do is to split signals and to bring them in on
> two or more channels of the mixer. This is especially effective if
> the mixer has bus assignment buttons. For instance, you could bring
> your source mix in on two channels. The first would assign the dry
> signal to the output mix; the second would feed the effects via aux
> sends but wouldn't feed any of the input to the mix. That way you'd
> have independent control over the level of your dry sound and of the
> effects send, on two faders side by side. Similarly, you can bring
> the outputs of the effects devices into the mixer on regular input
> channels (as opposed to effects returns).

I always return effects to mixer channels, since then you can use the aux
sends to crank up the feedback!  Sorry, I can't help myself!

David Lee Myers
http://www.pulsewidth.com
"Ourobouros" CD of new Feedback Music available now on Pulsewidth!
In NYC at Downtown Music, Kim's Mondo, Kim's West, and Other Music, and
through Anomalous, Forced Exposure, CDeMusic/Electronic Music Foundation,
Deep Listening Catalog, Crouton Music, Recommended (UK), Staalplaat
(Netherlands), and Metamkine (France).