Re: Racks (Re: Yet another beginner..)

At 8:18 PM -0700 9/5/01, Alex Stahl wrote:

>Just recently I noticed that $9.95 "LACK" end tables from Ikea have
>legs with exactly the right spacing for rack gear.

Ikea also sells a nice rolling metal rack with adjustable shelves,
inner dimensions about 16" by 21" and 35" high. It's similar to
commercial kitchen shelving. The shelves are metal grid construction,
so they're airy but strong and easy to snake cables through. It's
just perfect for my two Mac desktop CPUs side by side, with two
stacks of drives on a shelf above them. About $40, I think.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com