Re: Fripp's Octave Unit?

on 6/9/01 12:57 am, Gerry P at gerryp@air.on.ca wrote:

> I have been watching Fripp in Japan video and wondering if anyone knows
>what
> octave pedal/unit he uses - the unit gives an octave up and sounds great
>in
> his loops.
>
> Gerry

I don't know if this helps (from Guitar Magazine, January 1999):
Fripp's set-up for Soundscapes is Fernandes sustainer guitar (modified)
three switchable outputs, one to Roland VG8, one to Roland GR30, one to
Roland GR1 > Digitech whammy > TC G-Force > split into two Roland GP100
each
split into > two TC2290 feeding into an Eventide 3000 the other two into
Eventide 3500, the two resulting outputs being fed to quadraphonic mixer.

Roberto

Roberto Battista
http://www.robat.scl.net
http://www.robat.scl.net/lectures/index.shtm
Tel. 0044 020 8449 1995
Mobile 0775 960 4344
http://www.rustyrobot.com
independent on-line music distribution,
the music you can't find elsewhere,
hybrid, eclectic, world, looped, unusual...
http://www.robat.scl.net/html/tibet/tibet.shtm
an exciting project on technology applied to
mobile education for developing countries and
remote locations...