Re: the power of limits

>>> Nemoguitt@aol.com 09/07/01 02:00PM >>>
> miko.....are you and steuart showing up at this "gig" as solo players or
>are you playing with others using these simplified "healthy"
>set-ups?.....:)m

Simple rig... I use amp and peds-only for ensemble stuff currently. Mostly
because it's easy... (I'd go solo with the p-board adding the PCM80 and
EDP though). The amp sounds bitchin'... It's a 2x10" open back combo with
2 6V6 power stage (about 15-20 watts) and a solid-state preamp... go
figure... it sounds great up to a certain volume level... then it's just
not enough. Can't handle a pounding drummer... It's also very light. The
thing about my simple rig is there's a  Z Vex Fuzz Probe and Lovetone
Flanger in there... both of which can do amazing oscillating events, so
there's plenty of fodder for going into the electronic nuthouse. I want a
floor looper, but The Rang seems to be the only one I like at the moment.
I had level and dynamic problems with the DL4 which weren't quite worth
the attention.

Full-Metal-Jacket solo stereo rig... 10sp rack with Crown CE1000 power
amp; PCM80; EDP; Korg AM8000r; TC D-Two Delay; DBX Vocal Processor/Mic Pre
(286?); TRS Patch Bay; Power conditioner... all into a Mackie 1202VLZ on a
keyboard table stand... mixer outs to a FMR RNC Compressor back to the
Crown. Speakers are a pair of Acme Sound Lo-B 1x10" 3-way speakers which
double as my daw studio monitors.

Miko Biffle - Miko.Biffle@asml.com
"Running scared from all the usual distractions!"