RE: repeater/mofx synch

My MO-FX manual says the following about Midi Clock ...

"Mo-FX can receive MIDI Clock messages.  It will re-synchronize the Tap
Tempo to the incoming MIDI clock automatically every time it receives a
MIDI clock start message. ... "

"To re-synchronize MO-FX to MIDI Clock, press and hold the Tap Tempo
button for 600ms."

It also says ...

"Some devices do not transmit MIDI Clock "start" messages.  It may be
necessary, in such cases, to manually inform MO-FX to respond to the
incoming MIDI Clock by pressing and holding the Tap Tempo button for
600ms."

I guess the keys here are to first synchronize these devices to a MIDI
Clock source and make sure that the source sends MIDI Clock "Start"
messages.

Does anyone know if these start messages are something that is sent
periodically or whenever the tempo changes?  What would be the most
stable supplier of Midi Clock messages (with "start") in a rig to ensure
sync stability?

Steve