Re: Repeater record/ overdub

At 05:02 AM 9/9/2001, joe & sheila wrote:
>Unless I'm missing the point. you press record to start a loop,
>(repeater in overdub mode )then press play to end loop.
>Then quickly hit record again to continue ... overdubbing.

that required extra press of record is the whole problem. For looping
ambient and textural sounds you normally carry the sound over the loop
points, so it is continuous. This extra press means you have a big obvious
gap in your sound. It is also a problem if you need to be overdubbing
immediately on the first beat after you record a loop. You pretty much
have
to wait until beat two.

kim