Re: OT reverse trivia (was EDP question/etc.)

Dennis Leas wrote:

> > Does that mean you've figured out how to PLAY in reverse?
>
> (: !ESREVER ni (gnipyt dna) gnikaeps no gnikrow m'I tub, oN
>
> But for some time I've want to memorize, "?taht htiw seirf emos ekil uoy
> dluoW", and speak it into a looper during a performance, then I'd reverse
> the loop...
>
> Dennis Leas
> -------------------
> dennis@mdbs.com

last episode of david lynch's twin peaks had a scene with a funny little
guy
walking oddly through the set jabbering away rather strangely. the actor
practiced walking & talking backwards & then lynch ran footage in reverse
so
it had the general sound and appearance of being "right" but also somehow
very "wrong"...don't think he mentioned fries, though.

and there's kubrick's red room motif in the shining (redroom=murder). i
won't get into the beatles, but hendrix of course practiced all of his
backwards solos in reverse (see the eddie kramer article in the latest
issue
of tapeop for more details...).

lance g.