EDP functions using MIDI

Greetings--
Here's a new way to utilize the Echoplex as a live toool (I guess it's
something of an instrument)--
Gotta have a PMC-10 or something like it.
MIDI string A is record, MIDI string B is Mute--set it as momentary.
Press the pedal as you begin to record, then release at the end of the
recording.
This essentially "captures" your performance (like a firefly in a jar!)

So then have another switch that unmutes (I'm using quantize pretty much
all
the time--I don't change my defaults unless Grandma comes by)
And when it's time to solo, hit that one.
Wrote this combo in bed while trying (not) to go to sleep.
Just tried it with Yesterday (I know, there's not solo in Yesterday--well
there is now).
I'm very happy with my EDP and look forward to sharing the upgrade that
Claude has had for a year now :(
Maybe then I'll put my drum machine back up (!)
Thanks as always for blessings shared,
Gary