Odd Time Shift?

I always keep my folders sorted in the order of Time Received.  However
since Tuesday I've been seeing a number of posts on LD that clearly have
been delayed in coming through.  For instance I got the message from Tom
Ritchford sent Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:23:15 -0400, after getting the message
sent by Tim Goodwin on Fri, 14 Sep 2001 04:03:58 -0400.

Obviously if this were just one or two individuals one could say, "they've
got their clock set wrong", but it's happening to more than a few, and it
has distinctly been going on since Tuesday.  Any ideas what could cause
this?

By the way, wonderful posts, Kevin M.  Particularly Melville's piece, which
oddly enough reflects a cartoon I'm finishing up, which will be posted
later
today.