OT: headset mics

I thought I'd take a radical move back to OT posts about music.

My headset mic has taken a lot of beating and is still working
but I feel that I should move up a step.  It's the cheapest
AKG set of a few years ago.

I wasn't totally fond of that mic -- it never felt very
solid, and it was hard to put back into the box properly,
which is VERY annoying -- but it does continue to keep
working which is by far the most important thing.

So, any recommendations?

Headset mic, *durable*, good sound, not outrageously expensive?

        /t

<http://ax.to/fortune>.........a new fortune every minute.
<http://FortNY.com>..................Forteans of New York.