Re: SV: SV: Repeater - defect flash card?

Per Boysen (01:14 PM 09.15.2001) wrote:

 >> I'm curious... can you play the demo loops off of the card? Do you have
 >> reader for your computer and if so, can you read/write files to the
 >card?
 >
 >No, I cannot play anything from the card. Repeater says "BAD FORMAT" and
 >asks me to format the card. When I try to it says "FORMAT FAIL". It's a 16
 >mb card marked "Electrix".

Yikes!

Okay... is there a possibility that you have one of the cards that has the
label on the wrong side and you effectively happened to get the card in
upside down?

If you feel on the back edge of the card, there's a small lip that extends
about 1/32" above the large flat surface. That lip should be down when you
insert the card. Another check is to check on the sides of the card...
You'll see that there is a wide slot on one side, and a narrow slot on the
other. The wide slot should go to the right when the card is inserted.

I just tried putting my card in upside down, and it's pretty difficult to
do, so this may not be the issue.

If the card is orientated correctly, then I think your next stop is to
contact Electrix for a replacement. I would suggest talking to Damon:

   Damon Langlois <Damon@Electrixpro.com>

Or the generic support address:

   support@electrixpro.com

Mark