Re: RFX Midiwizard with the Repeater

At 11:23 AM 9/15/2001, Mark Sottilaro wrote:
>If you've bought a Repeater, or are thinking of buying one, it's of my
>opinion that you should probably NOT buy the RFX Midiwizard, even though
>it's
>listed on the Electrix site as a recommended controller.  It's fairly
>cheap
>and well made, but due to the types of MIDI info the Repeater wants, it
>basically becomes useless unless you attach a bunch of volume pedals to
>it.
>At that point, it's no longer a bargain.

I keep telling you guys that you need to get a good midi controller pedal
if you want to do something more complicated than switching presets on a
multieffect. Yet you keep getting the crappy ones anyway. I guess I'm
telling you again.

For some reason, Electrix is recommending an assortment of lame midi
pedals
that are obviously not going to work well for controlling the Repeater.
(and then they don't even have the digitech pmc-10 on the list, go
figure.)
They should really clean that list up rather than frustrating their
customers by having them spend money on a junk pedal.

>So here's my question: What would be the best MIDI pedal for the job?  Is
>Electrix entertaining the idea of giving us a way if changing the MIDI
>map if
>the Repeater?  It sure seems clumsy the way it currently is.

I don't see why they should complicate the Repeater with programmable midi
maps. That should be the job of your midi controller to handle that
function. Some good pedals are digitech PMC-10, Rocktron All Access,
Lake-Butler midigator, Roland FC-200, and Yamaha MFC-10. Some people have
complained that the yamaha has too much latency, but it is relatively easy
to get since it is still in production. It costs about $270, which seems
like a lot, but you are gonna pay more to get something good. The Rocktron
is probably the best one, but it costs a lot more. If you are patient, you
will find one of the the other pedals used for less. I got my PMC-10 for
$100, but that was quite a few years ago.

kim