Re: Re: RC-20 Post Query / looping setup

Hi Everybody,

I recently got back on the list after just taking care about my guitar
sounds for a year or so. Can you imagine how glad I was that I heard about
the RPT just two weeks ago? No frustrating waiting-for-Godot and
first-hand
info by people in the know....!

I loop with an EDP and an old Digitech PDS 8000 (for atmospheres and pitch-
shifted loops). I have thrown all my rackmounted pre- and poweramps over
the cliff in favour of vintage single-channel amps; no effect loops, no
nothing. Instead I found a really great technician here in Germany that
modified all my digital equipment (on the analog side of AD/DA) in such a
way that I can set up like this:

guitar -> distortion box -> t.c.g-force -> left: EDP -> '62 Bassman amp
                                         -> right: PDS 8K -> '60 Gibson amp

The mod makes all of the effects sound so clean that I can run them before
the two amps that are totally unaltered. The difference in the Oberheim
and
even the t.c. is incredible, in fact a lot of studio people are haviung
their t.c. finalisers modified by this guy. I have never had a tone that
is
so precise and clean yet warm and responsive than with this setup.
Important elements in the amps seem to be NOS tubes, those old Jensen
AlNiCo speakers and the output trannies. I really feel like having moved
from playing upright piano to grand piano. I just haven't found a stompbox
yet that gives me the nice pallette of distortion sounds like that old
TriAxis preamp....

Sincerely, Andreas