Re: MoFx part 3

  rich said...

 > looking for a bit of routing flexibility with my current setup.  can
 > anybody point me in the right direction for some documentation on how
 > to use a patchbay for splitting/combining signals?

Well, I seem to recall that www.dbxpro.com has their manuals online. But
their site is down right now (probably Nimda.) I use the dbx48, and I know
the printed manual gives a good, allbeit brief tutorial.

Otherwise, you can Google it. Just look for "patchbay howto" or "patchbay
tutorial", or "patchbay manual"-- something will turn up.

In any case, I highly recommend a patchbay. Get one. Learn it. Use it.

 > or...does anybody have a url for a single space rackmount mixer that
 > works good with aux sends into delays?

Well, you should use this with a patchbay too. ;-)

Alas, the fabled looper-esque single-space mixer with many busses is a
endangered beast. I think Roland had an interesting 1U unit, MU-200 or
something? I think it's in the LD archives-- was quite a few threads on
this
subject.

Over here, I use my Alesis Studio-32 atop my gig-rig. Or, for more
portability, the Samson PL1602 2U mixer. Both highly recommended.

Hope this helps.

--
David S. Kenzik
david@kenzik.com -  http://kenzik.com