Re: conceptual art and improvisation

luca writes:
> > surely played music by *definition* is abstract, unless you
> > are using samples or trying to imitate a real-world thing
> > with an instrument (which is less common than "just playing"...)
>so, would you consider the whole poetry not abstract because it is
>written ?
>I think there can be "abstract" music as well there is "figurative" music.
>certain art is not abstract because of the medium used to express it,
>there
>is a lot else more.

when you talk about art, "abstract" is usually the opposite of
"representational" -- as in "what goes this represent?" "nothing,
it's abstract."

Only music concrete and program music represent anything.
All other sorts of music are abstract by definition!

        /t

<http://ax.to/fortune>.........a new fortune every minute.
<http://FortNY.com>..................Forteans of New York.