From: "Dave Hastings" <dhastings@earthlink.net>
To: <dj_devious_d@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Cakewalk Plasma - Is It Any Good ?
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 14:49:50 -0700

If it makes any difference, registered Sonar owners can get it for $29.  I
don't have it, so I don't know if it's any good.  You can get demo versions
of Fruity Loops at www.fruityloops.net.  I don't know what the current demo
restrictions are, but back in the early version 2, it was a track number
limitation (only 4).  As for the effects, you can get programs to convert
joystick input to MIDI CC (midijoy for example), and given Sonar's ability
to automate DX effects, I would think you could simulate the 'morph between
presets thing' (haven't tried it myself).  And, the text leads one to
believe that you are stuck with whatever the Plasma FxPad guys thought up
for presets.  They mention using other DX effects, but they definitely
don't
claim you can morph them with FxPad.

Just my two cents (without actually owning or using Plasma)

-daveh
Dave Hastings
dhastings@earthlink.net
"Everyone has a little secret he keeps
  I light the fires while the city sleeps"
MC 900Ft Jesus