Re: What machine can do this please?

You haven't tried Kyma obviously : )
OK tell me EXACTLY what you want to do and I'll write a file for you -
how's
that for generosity ?
AM allows you to sample sy
tuff, change its speed, direction, pitch shift, truncate, filter and
generally mash sound up on the fly. You need some form of controller
capable
of outputting MIDI information. I use a Zoom 8080 which has 2 pedals and 5
switches I'm also getting into using the computer keys to control AM too.
There's been plenty of discussion here on the relative merits of various
devices but you could start with any midi synthesizer you can lay your
hands
on, mess about with assigning pitch bend + mod wheels to things and move on
from there.

Gareth