RE: professional loopers? esotherics?

>Matthias wrote:
>
>I am wondering how many of us make a living out of looping.
>DT does, Mich Gerber, Stefan Keller,,, but I dont know about all others...
>
>So my question to all:
>Do you create music that could not be played (or presented at a
>suficient low cost) without loop technology and make a considerable
>part of the income out of it?
>Do you know such musicians that are not on the list?
>--

So we got:
Bill Frisell
Mich Gerber
Stefan Keller
David Torn
Andreas Willers

>BTW, for years I have been using the tc 2290 for this, was endorsing and
>demoing the unit for them and always asked for updates in the realm of
>loopage - in vain. Even in the manual for the tc G-force multi effect the
>say something like "there is no reason anybody (in his right mind) could
>want more than 1400ms delay time". At the same time the G-force does offer
>reverb times of 20 or more seconds, which of course is a feature that is
>so
>much less usable than, say 3 seconds of delay (probably it's cheaper to
>do).
>
>So let's face it, we are just a bunch of esoteric freaks, guys! Somehow I
>can't blame them, these guys have to take care of their business and what
>the buying public seems to what.

Well, who knows whether "they" (tc for example) judge the situation right?
Electrix does not seem to have that opinion, otherwhise they would
not stop all other products and bet completely on looping, right?

>I kept telling them that every working pro
>at least in the guitar/bass field can get a good use out of any kind of a
>looping tool, be it alone for practising, teaching, studio fly-in's and ,
>aha - maybe he/she can use it in his music as well after all.

Thats it!
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org