Re: Question on EDP: Non volatile memory?

> I notice an interesting thing with a lot of people as they get more into
> looping. Usually they start off thinking that loop storage is really
> important. That is usually the stage where they stick to very static
>loops,
> where something is created with an overdub or two, and then left to
>repeat
> as is forever while they play along with it. So they think a lot about
> wanting to save that loop. (this is usually where the complain a lot
>that
> the EDP lacks that feature. :-)  Then as they get more into it, they
> discover more and more that there is so much creative possibilities in
>the
> *process* of creating loops, and manipulating them and evolving them on
>the
> fly. The loop at any given point along the way is less of the focus. As
> they follow that path, they gradually forget about the whole idea of
> storing loops, because in that context it doesn't really make sense
> anymore. Instead they think more about recording the whole process as
>storage.

and then they think "hey, i could use this approach while i'm creating
loops
and then reuse those loops while using another approach."

i realize this is not addressed exactly by having non-volatile memory.
what i want is the ability to save loops and get them on my pc.
i'm not selling my edp, though...