Re: Anyone have experience with the TASCAM USB-428?

At 10:19 AM -0700 10/4/01, kevin cooney wrote:
>We have been using the Tascam 428 with a Macintonsh first generation
>Imac for about six months now. [sliders etc]

This has 2 separate MIDI I/O ports too...  very attractive

>If you can spend more, look closely at the units in the $700 range,
>especially those employing firewire.  In theory firewire devices
>should have less latency and more bandwidth, but also realize that
>there are other issues with power supplies, circuitry design, input,
>etc. that ultimately affect the usability and "sound" of a
>input/converter device.

Just curious -- anyone know any Firewire audio device that also does MIDI?

It'd be awfully handy for me.  But I can't seem to find one...

        /t

<http://whatgoes.com>.................extreme NY calendar.
<http://ax.to/fortune>.........a new fortune every minute.
<http://cliktrik.com>...................Many, many photos.