re: top 10 improvisors/jami sieber

i can't decide on 10 right now, but if we're talking
coltrane and dolphy, then i think i have to include

mccoy tyner!!!! i.e. trane's longtime piano player.

what i love about his improvisations is the simplicity
and restraint. often times he would stick to whole
chords instead of singlenote slickness, resulting in a
majestic cacauphony(sp?) of thick, solid jazz noise
that kind of balanced out tranes singlenote
explorations.

and yer welcome /t, i'm glad you picked up lush
mechanique. everyone should probably keep an eye out
for "lotus fire" when it comes out. she's recording w/
the thai elephant orchestra.

peace,

phil

=====
"Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what
it's like to live inside somebody else's skin.
 It is the knowledge that there can never really be any
peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally
for you too."
                                   -Frederick Buechner
"The jewel is in the lotus."