Re: Oberheim GM-1000

Tim Nelson wrote:

> Eeeyewww! It's an icky beige color! It can't POSSIBLY sound good! :-)
>
> -t (a graphic artist who likes the way the EDP looks but isn't so crazy
> about Z Vex paint jobs. I know, I'm gonna get lynched for that one...)
>
> At 12:08 PM 10/17/01 -0700, you wrote:
> >
> >Anybody check out the Oberheim GM-1000 guitar effects processor? It
>seems to
> >be a great unit for the price at musicyo.com.

a zvex story. my 8-year old daughter and i walked into a local music store
the
other day (trutone music in santa monica- a great place) and there were a
bunch
of zvex pedals in the display case. "what's a super hard-on?" she askes
me...right in front of one of the salespeople. "uh, some kind of distortion
effect, i think..." was my feeble response. thank god she didn't ask about
the
fuzz probe!

lance g.