Re: NYC loopfest

>just an idea.....how about a day long looping seminar educational
>type thing where everyone could play and take part followed by some
>"star" filled loop show to cap off the day.....:)m

is that about the same idea I just posted? (sorry, I did not read first)

>hmm, that's a new idea and quite interesting.
>
>I'm not in favor of this -- I see this more as an opportunity for
>NYC loopers to get together and have an opportunity to show our
>work, not a star showcase.

I guess you did not like the word "star", Steve... or is it too much
to include musicians from outside of NYC?
Naturally musicians get together first at the sound check, right? So
why not extend it to a whole day or two and if some understand each
other musically, naturally they play together at the show, no?
By this, more musicians can be heard a the show, maybe each one doing
just one solo piece and then invite the next to play together and
then leave stage... to drop in at some other moment again...?
How did that happen in your meetings, Rick? I liked your advices! Did
spontaneous play togethers happen?

I would be highly interested in participating on such a meeting, and
I may be coming "up" to US anyway in March or so...

>agreed.....but you have a bunch-o-hours to do this (imho the whole
>reason to do an all day gig).....then instread of a "star" filled
>finish, have some kind of  "these are the ones that exemplify
>looping at its best or WHAT-EVER"...

thats the thing... who decides who is going to play?
If each player votes on two others, its simple to get a list together...

>i would love to bring my "toys" to nyc and make some noise with all
>you folk but i have no need what-so-ever to be a "big room"
>player.....i think if you limit it to some kind of showcase off
>loops i.e. "show" you cut out the community of "players/loopers"
>that can come together to create the BIG NOISE.....ill drive to ny
>for an all day loopXtrav-o-ganza, finished up with a SHOW that
>PEOPLE will hopefully show up at much sooner than just a
>"SHOW".....is there a music school in nyc that would host such a
>party?...

maybe... if you dont call it a party :-)

Two events in the same days: a seminary and a show. No need to
participate on both.
I can add a lecture on EDP features if you want...
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org