Best fx processor for 'sythy' sounds

Hi im a guitar player who likes to make sythnthetic sounds (dont we all) im looking for an fx processor that will help me with that it mind. I have tried guitar syths and well they aren't for me ! I'm looking for the textures found in the aphex twin, FSOL and underworld records.

The two i have seen that seem best suited to what i want are the TC electronics fireworx and and Eventide of some sort (i could just about afor a H3000D/SE)

what would members of the list suggest ?
David