Re: OT: Sound Module Opinions

Oh yeah, if you are gonna spend the cash, go for the Triton. Those things
sound amazing. Not too mention the rhythmic capabilities make it great for
looping!

However, if money is the big factor, (and when is it not) I suggest
getting
the 2080 and a good, mid-priced sampler (I looked on ebay and AKAI S2000s
and S3000s seem to go for around $300 and $500 respectively, not bad at
all).

If you are looking mainly to get a great synth and sampler all in one
package for as little money as possible, another option is getting a used
Kurzweil. I've got a K2000RS. Its their lower end system, and it still
rocks. Great synth and sampler all in one. Lots of options. I got it for
$1000 used, and that was years ago. They're probably cheaper now.

Of course I should warn you to take my $.02 with a grain of salt. I'm a
bass
player with a small studio, not a real synthesist or keyboard player, so
you
might want to wait for some more professional opinions. I'm sure that you
can find a package that will work for you though, I guess it all depends
on
how much you are wanting/willing to spend.

-pete