midi footcontroller

I'm leaning towards a Digital Music Ground Controller to drive my soon to
be purchased Repeator but I'm willing to consider something cheaper as long
as it has at least one expression pedal out. Anyone have any suggestions?
Including used, and, or, discontinued stuff. Also has any new Repeator
owner discovered if they can control loop volume, tempo, pitch, etc. via a
midi Continuous Controller and if there is any  noticeable zippering.
Thanks for the feeeeeeeeeeddddddddddbackkkkk
chillyb