Re: Loop Shirts, Second Run:Final Call

>I came in late, so I don't know:  Did you consider cafepress.com for this?
>---
>* just-john@just-john.com  http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *

John,

thanks for the tip!  i hadn't seen that site before.  however, the
main motivation for this excercise was to get us all our shirts we've
been screaming for, and to feed kim as much of the proceeds as
possible.

on the cafepress site, shirts are 14 bucks base cost.  which means a
significant amount on top of that to get anything to kim and LD.
plus, they are printing digitally on the shirts, which means only
white or ash shirts only, and (from my experience), not much
longevity on the print.

a screenprinted white logo on dark shirts, if done correctly, will
last until the shirt is coming apart at the seams...

it would have been interesting if we had known about this site from
the beginning and maybe could have worked around their
advantages/disadvantages, but i think jason's done a great job
working with his local printer!

i must admit i'm suspicious of these sites that offer something for
free that requires manpower, organizing, manufacturing and
distribution.  no one works for free, so the costs are hidden
somewhere.  internet businesses that worked on the principle of
needing maximum usage to recoup for minimal profit margins are
quickly finding themselves out of business when folks didn't come
rushing in in the numbers they expected.  this is my humble opinion
only.  your mileage may vary.

thanks again,

rich