RE: recent favourites

Cool list,

1. BT - R&R: Disc 2 is my favorite. This guy is an audio editing &
production maniac. Read the interview in Keyboard this month, you'll get
the
idea.

2. Herbie Hancock - Future2Future: Bill Laswell and Herbie team up again to
bring Future Shock up to date. Colaborations with DJs and electronic
musicians. Tasty piano on this one and some amazing playing by Wayne
Shorter

3. Aphex Twin - Drukqs: over 100 minutes of long overdue material. Pretty
much what you would expect from AT

4. Nils Petter Molvaer - Khmer: What it would sound like if Miles Davis
solo'd over the soundtrack to The Last Temptation of Christ.

5. Coltrane - Olatunji: Coltrane's last recorded live performance. Terrible
sound quality, but some of his most inspired live playing I've ever heard.

If you talk to me next week I might have a completely different list. My
dad
just gave me his turntable & vinyl collection...over 11 feet of albums! I
get my eclectic taste in music from him, so I think I'm in for a treat.

Buzz is amazing, I once had the pleasure of demoing in the booth next to
him
at NAMM. Talk about performance anxiety...He was playing and the CEO of the
company I was working for at the time wanted me to turn up to drown him
out...that didn't happen, and that CEO is now looking for work.

That In a Silent way remix is also on another disc I've been listening to
lately "Panthalassa: the Remixes." 5 remixes of the Miles Davis tracks
remixed by Bill Laswell.

Later,

Carl