Re: Max in hardware?

Hi,
I might offer our EventStation as fitting this description. 'Max-in-a-box'
was sort of the motto as we developed the unit. It was originally intended
as a percussion controller but the specs evolved to give it more MIDI
re-mapping capabilities. Basically it has 16 rear panel stereo jacks which
accept a variety of inputs, 1 or 2 zone percussion pads (Roland
compatible), footswitches, expression pedals, pots, piezos, ??? . Each jack
maps to 2 programming slots. Each slot is programmable for 8 events or a
variable-length sequence which you can input live from the system or
externally via MIDI. Each event may be a note or CC and there is a
velocity-window for each event that determines where you want the event to
appear. There's MIDI clock, tap-tempo and a lot of performance-oriented
features. There are actually so many features we've had a hard time
defining the market for the unit. It's still a beta-unit but they are
available. If you want more info you can check out
http://www.starrlabs.com/kurzweil.html

cheers,
harveyS

ps. sorry for the commercial intrusion but since you asked...

http://www.starrlabs.com